Re: I/O to ZIP drive temporarily locks up machine

Krzys Majewski <majewski@cs.ubc.ca> writes:

> Hm, I compiled parallel port support as a module. I already had
>
> options parport_pc io=0x3bc irq=7
>
> in my /etc/modutils/options, so I appended "dma=3" to give
>
> options parport_pc io=0x3bc irq=7 dma=3
>
> Now I can modprobe parport_pc, but when I try to modprobe imm I get:
>
> 17:52:05<~>$ sudo modprobe imm
> /lib/modules/2.2.17/scsi/imm.o: init_module: Device or resource busy
> Hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameters, including invalid IO or IRQ parameters
> /lib/modules/2.2.17/scsi/imm.o: insmod /lib/modules/2.2.17/scsi/imm.o failed
> /lib/modules/2.2.17/scsi/imm.o: insmod imm failed
> 17:52:09<~>$
>
> I don't  see any imm  options in my  /etc/modutils. How do I  find out
> what parameters  the imm  module takes? Does  it need  any parameters?
> What's going on? -chris

OK,  looks like  I  got things  to  work by  taking  out the  io=0x3bc
parameter in the  parport_pc options. But, I'm doing  a backup now and
it's still doing weird things  to my machine. For example, I'm playing
a streaming  mp3 and  it's very choppy. I've  tried both the
"ECP" and "ECP+EPP" options in the BIOS.

-chris