Installing Debian Patotoe.. Problems with modules

Hi!

I'm installing Debian Patotoe in a Pentium 75 Mhz with 8 Mb RAM and an
MDA graphics board, it has two ne2000 ethernet cards, one ISA another
PCI.

1. During module configuration (wich runs slowlyyy... probably the
8mb..):
If I insert the ne module (with the correct configuration parameters) it
will also recognize the pci board and send a message recomending the use
of ne2k-pci.
(but from then on that module will not install)
But if i first insert the ne2k-pci module, it will not install the ne
module!

2. Even continuing the instalation with only the ne inserted, problems
arise:
I am connected to the internet through a RCA Cable modem, wich cleanly
makes a DHCP request and goes from there ( I supose)., but debian will
not make the DHCP configuration and proceed to mirror access.

I've read several FAQ's and HOWTO's but it dawns on me that the problem
is in the modules and drivers and the kernel.
The prior RED HAT 5.2 gave no such problems and DHCPed perfectly.
The purpose of this instalation is to build a firewall/router.

Could someone help or iluminate me ??

Thanks in advance

Aife