Re: Can I use sendmail with having a console login

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 02:05:52PM -0700, Jay Kelly wrote:

> hello guys,
> Im running sendmail and would like to give email accounts to my entire
> office but do not want to give them a login to access the server via
> console, ftp, ssh etc. Can this be done? Can I give a email account without
> a home directory account?

Sure you can - set up a POP3-server. I don't have a shell on any of
the servers who host my mailboxes (with one exception).

nepomuk:/home/phil# apt-get install pop3-server
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Package pop3-server is a virtual package provided by:
  cucipop 1.31-13
  cyrus-pop3d 1.5.19-2
  ipopd 4.7c-1
  qpopper 2.53-5
You should explicitly select one to install.

Phil