tasksel says:NO TASK PACKAGES FOUND ON THIS SYSTEM.DID YOU UPDATE YOUR AVAILABLE FILE?

I`m running 2.2 on my portable BAD-ASS-COMPAQ LTE 5150, which dosent boot
of the cdrom, or support hotswaping the floppy and cdrom. So I`ve
installed the base from floppy, and the a whole lot of packages by hand
from the cdrom. I have X up and running. But I`m fed up installing by
hand, and I would like to use the seemingly excellent tool "tasksel". But
I get the above mentioned reply when I call it. How do I solve it?
Thanks