Re: Using old libstdc library

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 07:46:09PM +1100, Craig Law wrote:
> Ben/David,
>
> I've done as you both said and have only found libstdc++2.10 and libstdc++2.10-dev packages on my CD. I've have searched the whole of the Debian 2.2 CD that I have and there is definitely no libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1_2.91.66-4.deb package anywhere. Is it possible I have a different Potato version? I have searched the Debian site for the above package and I have found it in the /oldlibs area.
>
> I have since done an apt-get install libstdc++2.9 and the package installed OK without removing any other packages. I guess my concern is "will I break anything by doing so". The server seems to be functioning OK and I've been able to load the Novell software I set out to accomplish.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.

The good thing about Debian's package management (when using packages that
come from Debian atleast) is that if it let's you install the package,
then generally that means everything is "OK" :) You did exactly what you
needed to do, and it should work perfectly.

Welcome to one of many learning experiences :)