nfs mounting from netapp

Hello,

I'm running Debian 2.2 and I'm having a problem mounting
an NFS share from a NetApp.

I can successfully mount the share ( it is a snapshot
directory ) and browse the tree as root, but I cannot
read all of the files as root.

There is a directory in the share that is owned by
UID 1001. If I create a user with this UID on the
Debian box, it can read these files fine, but I
cannot read the same files as root.

When I try as root, I get either
Input/Output error
or
Permission denied

( alternating )

Doing this from a Solaris box works fine as root.

Additionally, the man page for mount specifies some options
like "uid=0,gid=0,umask=666" that the mount command does
not recognize. I do this :

mount -o uid=0,gid=0,umask=666 192.168.1.1:/.snapshot /mnt/snapshot

I get back :

unknown nfs mount parameter: uid=0

Or gid=0, or umask=666, depending on which is first on the command
line.

Thanks for any hints.
BTW: please CC: my email account, as I am not on debian-user