Re: XF86Setup

Peter Jay Salzman wrote:

> paul, this won't be of much help, but here it is.
>
> get *ANY* mode under the resolution you want, say, 1024x768.  that's 90%
> of the battle.
>
> then use xvidtune to tune the screen.  you'll recognize which modeline in
> xf86config from the output of xvidtune.  just look for the same numbers.
>
> don't forget to click auto, cause it rocks.
>
> when you're happy with what you see, make the appropriate changes in your
> config file.

I suspect  XF86Setup and xvidtune will pop up but are not really doing anything. If
I select the option to start from scratch I get the errno=11 message as if I had not
installed vga 16 server. Maybe once I set it up I foolishly only chose 2 options
for the modeselection and XF86Setup is using the svga server and can't revert
back? I'm at a loss.