Re: Mirrors <<< Re: Debian Weekly News - October 25th, 2000

In your message of: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 18:20:27 EDT, you write:
>According to [1], the mirrors will be afected, so to create them it is said the
>some "exclude" tweaking must be done. Does anyone have the info -or the script-
>for what exactly is meant????
>Mirroring Potato, getting ready for 2.2_r1

I use the "mirror" perl script to maintain a local mirror of i386
potato and woody.  So that I do not download files for all of the
architectures I am not interested in, my mirror configuration file for
the Debian archives has lines like
        exclude_patt+|binary-sparc|disks-sparc
in it.  In the future (if I understand things correctly) there will no
longer be binary-$arch directories; all of the binaries will be in
the same directories.  So that I don't download the .deb files for the
architectures I do not want I will have to add some lines like
        exclude_patt+|sparc.deb|sparc.changes