Re: iBCS libsocket libnls -help

On Wed, Oct 25, 2000 at 05:12:31AM -0400, wmwaisse wrote:
>  Hello to all Debianers
>
>  I got to deal with UNIX sockets ( from a SCO C program ) under Linux.

Have you tried reading the socket(2) man page?  It seems like what you
need, but I've never used SCO before.

>  It seems I got to emulate libsocket ( linls and libx too ) under
>  Linux.  Isn't it possible to use a shared SCO Unix libsocket.a ???
>
>  The solution to Emulate libsocket.a seems to be iBCS ( Intel Binary
>  Compatibility System ).  This needs to patch the kernel, the only
>  version iBCS ( and iBCS extras ) packages I found were foe a calera
>  distribution.

I don't think you need to go through all of this.

>  Am I forced to use a specific kernel ( 2.2.14 ??? )

No.

>  Is it possible that the 2.4testn kernel give me more support about
>  this ???

Maybe a little, but there's probably not too much difference in this
area.

>  Where would it be possible to find a list of things I got to do and
>  warnings for possible difficulties ???

Try searching on Google (www.google.com) for socket programming.  Lots
of good looking links turned up for me.

Good luck,
Chris

--
IF I HAD A MINE SHAFT, I don't think I would just abandon it.  There's
got to be a better way.