dead keys map info?

Hi all... I am trying to find info on which key combinations in Debian
(using the Latin-1 keyboard map) generate the various "dead key" symbols,
e.g. inverse question mark, vowels with accent marks, etc.

I've searched through the HOWTOs.  I can find all sorts of info on how to
configure X or various programs allow use of the dead keys.  This is good.
What seems to be missing is a map of what key combinations produce what.
I'm looking for the info both for X and the normal console.

Can someone point me where to RTFM?  Thanks!

             bob
--
        bob billson       email: bob@goleader.com       ham: kc2wz
                                 reb@theshed.dhs.org