Re: Idea: Master Debian FAQ (newbie-centric)

On Tue, Oct 24, 2000 at 06:54:12PM +0200, capslock2000@subdimension.com wrote:
> There is allready a lot of documentation around. Rewriting all of that
> would be pointless. It might be a good idea to create a big FAQ-index.

It might be if everyone walking into Linux (Debian, particularly :) spoke
the language of all those docs.  Speaking from an old DOS-Win16-OS/2-taught-
myself-all-I-know perspective, that's a tall order.  And I'm still here
despite that difficulty (and a family and work) only because I'm very
curious, and stubborn...

Being a teacher gives me some insight to understanding my own difficulties-it
also means that many others will hit that wall too.  I don't get the impression
(yet) that we want to redocument all of Linux; a "Debian for the Clueless"
might be more in line with our reality.  Perhaps there are a few journalists
out there who could use such as well.  ;-)

Kenward