dialup problem

Hello,

I have to access my internet service provider, send and recieve faxes from behind a mini-telephon
station. If I pick up my phone, there is now long tone (dialing tone), so I have to press "0", then
the long tone appears and then I can dial out. The problem is that the programs I am using
(kppp,sendfax) seem to require the dialing tone before they make any action. How can I configure the
progs so that they dial "0" first, detect the dial tone and only then actually phone?

thanks in advance, Peter