From: "Craig Law" <CLaw@orange.net.au>
To: <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Sent: Tuesday, October 24, 2000 2:24 PM
Subject: Using old libstdc library

I'm using Debian 2.2 distribution and have a piece of commercial software
>from Novell that won't install unless it has the following file ...

libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2

I've had a look at this distribution and Debian 2.2 uses

libstdc++-libc6.1-2.so.3

Is it possible to go backwards and am I likely to break anything? If I
cannot go backwards should I start with the 2.1 distribution and work my way
up?

Thanks

Craig