Re: wine (woody) can't find KERNEL32.dll

On 24 Oct 00 06:23:38 GMT, Mark Phillips <mark@ist.flinders.edu.au> wrote:

>I just upgraded wine to the woody version.  A program that used to run
>on the potato version now crashes at the start, complaining:
>
>err:module:fixup_imports Module (file) KERNEL32.dll needed by C:\etax2000_1.exe not found
>
>Now I thought kernel32 was a builtin thing.  That's what is in the
>wine.conf.  Any ideas on what is wrong?

Builtin modules are implemented as shared libraries which are stored in
/usr/lib/wine. Wine needs to be told where to find them, which is done
in wine.conf. This is a fairly recent change, and requires changes to
wine.conf. Did you update your wine.conf when you updated the package?
If there is a wine.conf.dpkg-dist try renaming it to wine.conf and
editing it to reflect your setup. If that doesn't do it try adding
/usr/lib/wine to your ld.so.conf and running ldconfig.

Frank