Re: where is old (3.2) Xfree86?

"David A. Rogers" <darogers@xnet.com> wrote:
>I have just inherited an old Thinkpad 365xd which I think has a DSTN
>display.  From searching the net, it looks like only xfree86 3.2 works
>with that display.  Does anyone know where I can find a .deb of 3.2?

Wow. Well, in theory you can try the source packages at
<URL:ftp://archive.debian.org/debian-archive/dists/rex/main/source/x11/>,
but I would rate your chances of getting that installed on a potato
system as slim at best. :) (rex was Debian 1.2 ...)

I think your best bet would be to get the upstream source code and try
compiling it yourself. You could then perhaps make up some dummy
packages with equivs to satisfy the various dependencies on X.