Re: Idea: Master Debian FAQ (newbie-centric)

On Sun, 22 Oct 2000 14:22:35 -0500
William Jensen <jensenb@charter.net> wrote:

> If your interested in this project or have suggestions please feel free to
> contact me on the list here or privately at jensenb@charter.net.  It would
> be a shame to let all the talent that people on this list have stored in their
> heads go to waste by being burned out by constant repeats of the same question
Hello, List, hello Bill...

Even if it probably will be quite a bit of work, this idea sounds good to me, so count me in on this, as well... Obviously now that Linux and Free Software more or less has made the step to be interesting to people which didn't even think about this system short time ago, it would be a good thing to, besides having good software, also be able to provide good documentation to all those who want to get used to the new system... Personally, I'm into Linux now for more than four years (longer than I spent with M$Windows, actually), and, for my own I considered all those HOWTOs very helpful in some way since they used to provide quite basic introductions to get a *slight* view, to somewhat get started with work without reading 300 pages of documentation, before (I'm not having a problem with R'ingTFM, but sometimes it's just about being short of time, and getting rid of a problem, *quickly* ...).

This is an important and interesting idea, let's get started. :))

Regards,
Kris

"And the things that we fear are the weapons to
 be used against us." (Rush)

 Kristian Rink
 mail: celestial_spirit@web.de
 fax : ++49 / 180 5052 5560 8162