Netscape color problem ..

Hi,

I have a peculiar problem running Netscape 4.75 on my potato box.
Netscape comes up with all icons in monochrome. It is really not a color
map problem as all the sites/pages are rendered in color !! All of the
netscape icons ( like back/forward/home etc ) are all in monochrome. I
downloaded 4.73 version also from Debian site, it has the same problem.
( I have Helix gnome also on my box, but the problem is there even if I
have an icewm environment). Has anyone faced this problem?

Thanks,
Shaji