Re: IPCHAINS and potato

On Sun, Oct 22, 2000 at 23:11, Burkhard Zombronner wrote:

> Does anybody can give me an advise if the box standard kernel 2.2 from potato
> supports already ipchains+masquerading and how can I find out?

Alas, there are several "box stock" kernels in potato, depending on how
you installed. But, all will do the following for you:

$ ls /boot
System.map-2.2.17  chain.b        mbr.b    vmlinuz-2.2.17
boot.b             config-2.2.17  os2_d.b

And then you can have a look:

$ grep FIRE /boot/config-2.2.17
CONFIG_FIREWALL=y
CONFIG_IP_FIREWALL=y

$ grep MASQ /boot/config-2.2.17
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE=y
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_ICMP=y
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_MOD=y
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPAUTOFW=m
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_IPPORTFW=m
CONFIG_IP_MASQUERADE_MFW=m

Luck,
Pann
--
geek by nature, Linux by choice                     L I N U X       .~.
                                                    The Choice      /V\