Re: lpr broken by woody package

I had a similar problem.  My old printer broke and the libc upgrade
happened before I installed a new one, so I don't know if there is a
connection or not.  When I installed the new printer and magicfilter I
got the same type of error.  I then tried replacing lpr with lprng and
the printer started working.  I assumed I had some sort of
configuration problem, but possibly it is related to lpr and the new
libc in woody.  You might try using lprng.

Bob