Re: gmc 4.5.51 problem

* "Alexey" == Alexey Kakunin <Alexey.Kakunin@arcadia.spb.ru> wrote:

Alexey> I have debian 2.2 installed with glibc updated to 2.1.95 and
Alexey> gnome update to last packages.  And I have problem with gmc
Alexey> (4.5.51-6) - then I try to start it, I get message:

Alexey> gmc --sm-client-id .....
Alexey> No response to the SaveYourself command.
Alexey> The program may be slow, stopped or broken.
Alexey> You may wait for it to respond or remove it.

libc6 problem I believe. Complain to the glibc maintainer.

Also compare with
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=74905&repeatmerged=yes

[...]
It seems that something is really broken now, because I logged in as a
root into my workstation from there I logged with my normal account
into NFS server, removed metadata.db (and metadata.lock
directory), tried to login with my normal account and now I can't even
start gmc. Well, I can start it, but nothing comes on screen and after
a while I get "No response to SaveYourserlf command ...".

Actually, when I was finalizing this letter, I noticed that gmc
icons started to pop-up one by one, but its still so slow that its
practically useless. I guess I'll just have to wait and see if some
libraries get updated or new versions pop up from gnome packages. As
last resort, I can always downgrade myself back to stable...
[...]

He recompiled the package himself, and this fixed it.

Ciao,
        Martin