Re: Introduction.

Rick,

   Ok, /var/log/ppp.log  has more information that you need, as you
   said in the last message...

   But I realize that a script that checks if "ifconfig|grep ppp0"
   returns a line would not only work when you're checking the
   connection right after calling pon, but it could also be called
   from Emacs (I've checked your message - you use VM, right?), if you
   want to know if the connection is still alive: you'd just have to
   bind it to a key combination...

   Would this work?

J.

--
Jeronimo Pellegrini
Institute of Computing - Unicamp - Brazil