Re: OT: Cross-platform document format?

On Sat, Oct 21, 2000 at 11:30:54PM +0518, USM Bish wrote:
> On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 06:40:34PM +0200, Andre Berger wrote:
> > What about LyX.
> >
> > -- Andre
>
> Lyx is only a GUI frontend to Latex and takes
> away the pains of hand coding all the Latex
> tags and keywords.
>
> USM Bish

Yes, but I think Andre's point is an app(Lyx)/format(LaTex) which Windoze
folks can relate to... I certainly see few in M$-land who would find the
idea of using LaTex appealing but Lyx would be the logical choice
for a better solution to writing documents (I use Lyx as well for this purpose,
as I don't have 29 hours in a day either to pick up LaTex :).

Getting students to do this sort of thing certainly seems to be in the realm
of possibilities, but can you imagine changing a whole corporate structure
over to something that Isn't a M$/.doc clone??

Kenward