Driver Problem

i have a problem with a Network device driver for my rl100a
i tried to compile it for the 2.2.17 kernel and i got an errormsg

the driver was written for kernel 2.0 and up

its an rebuild of the winbound-840 driver

i tryed to compile it stricly after install.txt with this :
gcc -DMODULE -D__KERNEL__ -I/usr/src/linux/net/inet -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -O6 -c rl100a.c `[ -f /usr/include/linux/modversions.h ] && echo -DMODVERSIONS`

did not work so i adapted it so to my system ( gave other dirs to compiler)
but tehn i got the errormsg :

dereferencing to incompatible pointer type

can someone help me ???

thx to all answers

Hawkeye