Re: Swap space signature

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Ken M. Mevand wrote:

>     anyone knows what the message "Unable to find swap space
> signature" means during boot?  my swap partition is 40Mb on hdd2.

It's actually generated by the 'swapon' command.  A swap partition has to
be type 82 and it has to be prepared with 'mkswap' before you can use it.
The installer will do this for you, but if you change your partitions
around later you have to run mkswap yourself.  Think of mkswap as mke2fs
for swap partitions. :}

(Actually, if it's a partition type other than 82 it will still *work* but
you should still set it to the right type :} )