Re: Getting only selected unstable debs with apt-get

"Scott V. McGuire" <svmcguir@syr.edu> wrote:
>Is there any way to get just selected unstable packages using apt-get,
>like mutt 1.2?  If I put lines for unstable in sources.list I think I
>will get the unstable versions of all packages.  Is that right?

Yes. apt 0.4, currently only in CVS, will have support for "pins", so
you can get both packages lists, pin your distribution to stable, but be
able to say 'apt-get install mutt:unstable'.

At the moment, I'm afraid you get to download them one by one and
install them with dpkg, or else work out how to set up your own apt
mini-repository with selected unstable packages (but you still have to
work out the dependencies that way anyway, so it probably isn't worth
the hassle).