Re: GnuPG: problem installing on Woody

On Fri, Oct 20, 2000 at 02:28:06PM +0200, Frederik wrote:

> relating to gnupg, gpg-rsa and gpg-idea, deleted every remaining
> configuration/documentation/... and reinstalled gnupg.
> This worked.

I tend not to use rsa in gpg, but i did notice the same "error loading
extension" message you had above. Since gpg can now have RSA built in
without being non-free, the new packages have it that way. However, the
config files in user's home directories are not changed (nor should they
be), so they will still likely have a line "load-extension rsa" in
~/.gnupg/options. Since there is no extension to be loaded anymore, it
fails, and then dies when you try something requiring rsa.

This is all speculation (can anyone confirm?), but chances are you only
needed to remove that one line from ~/.gnupg/options

--
  finger for GPG public key.