Re: mouse not working in x

Kerstin Hoef-Emden wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, Matthias Mann wrote:
>
> > Do You have a serial or a PS/2 mouse? Some poeple told me that X mouse
> > driver with gpm is not possible by using a PS/2 mouse. Or be they all
> > mistaken?
>
> It is possible to use a PS/2 mouse in X11 without stopping gpm. You just
> have to modify the XF86Config in that the X11 does not use its own
> drivers but the gpm-files. (I have to look up the files to tell the

No, you don't.  Here's the pointer section fom my /etc/XF86Config:

Section "Pointer"
   Protocol        "PS/2"
   Device          "/dev/mouse"
   BaudRate        1200
   Emulate3Timeout 50
EndSection

And yes, I do have gpm running also.  /dev/mouse is a symlink to /dev/psaux
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.