Re: mouse not working in x

Matthias, Water, and Glyn -

I have a PS/2 Mouse hooked to a serial port. I don't know what
I/O it is, but windows tells me I have a PS/2 mouse at IRQ 12.
My bootup messages in debian linux say "PS/2 port recognized".
Also, that I have a 16550A at both IRQ3 & IRQ4. I know this mouse
will work with linux because my first OS was Corel linux (based
on Debian) and the mouse worked fine except when the mouse server
wouldn't get recognized by the kernel at boot-up. I would reboot
and everything would be fine.

At present, I do not have gpm at all. I know TTYS02 is my ethernet
card.

Ah, the wonders of learning a new OS. I'm convinced it will be
worth it all.

Thanks for your time, help, and suggestions. I think once I can
find out which port (TTYSO?) the mouse is connected to I'll be
fine.

Regards, gentlemen,
Bob Edwards
redwards@arkansas.net
Fayetteville, AR
Sent from a WebBox - http://www.webbox.com
FREE Web based Email, Files, Bookmarks, Calendar, People and
Great Ways to Share them with Others!