From: Bill Ramsey [mailto:bramsey@concentric.net]
Sent: Friday, October 20, 2000 7:20 AM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Stormix and Brokerage Fees

If you live in the US, be aware that if you order anything from
Stormix you will charged a brokerage fee when the package is
delivered.

I ordered the deluxe boxed set from Stormix:
Storm Linux 2000 Deluxe Edition              69.95    1      0.00
                                                         GST: 4.89
                                                   Tax Total: 0.00
                                     Shipping: Express - USA: 21.99
                                                 Grand Total: 91.94

Imagine my surprise when the UPS guy tells me that I owe him $38 in
brokerage fees !! I refused the package and I've canceled my order. I
don't need stormix that bad.

I'll just have to learn how to install Debian the hard way -- I've
tried 3 times so far : slink and now potato. With Potato I've gotten
X-Windows up - but I can't connect to the internet (WVDial fails with
my ISP) and I can't print (the LP module wouldn't install during the
installation).

Just to let everyone know about the brokerage fees.

Bill

--
Bill Ramsey
bramsey@concentric.net