Re: GnuPG: prblem installing on Woody

On Thu, 19 Oct 2000 kmself@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> Which gpg do you have installed?  Post output of:
>
>     $ gpg --version

frederik@maui:~$ gpg --version
gpg (GnuPG) 1.0.3
This program comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY.
under certain conditions. See the file COPYING for details.

Home: ~/.gnupg
Supported algorithms:
gpg: /usr/lib/gnupg/rsa: error loading
extension: /usr/lib/gnupg/rsa: cannot open shared object file: No such
file or directory
Cipher: 3DES, CAST5, BLOWFISH, TWOFISH
Pubkey: RSA, RSA-E, RSA-S, ELG-E, DSA, ELG

>     $ dpkg -s gnupg
Package: gnupg
Section: non-US
Installed-Size: 1920
Maintainer: James Troup <james@nocrew.org>
Version: 1.0.3-2
Replaces: gpg-rsa, gpg-rsaref
Provides: gpg-rsa, gpg-rsaref
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.94), zlib1g (>= 1:1.1.3), makedev (>= 2.3.1-13)
Suggests: gnupg-doc
Conflicts: gpg-rsa, gpg-rsaref

>     $ dpkg -s gpg-rsa

Package: gpg-rsa
Section: non-US/non-free

> How did you mount the partition (what options), and/or what tools are
> you using to delete the file?  How are you determining that the file
> hasn't in fact been deleted?

in fstab: /dev/hda1 /wailea vfat defaults,uid=1000 0 0
I have however 3 other partitions mounted the same way, and I've never
experienced the same behaviour on any of these. I use rm to remove the
file. The file is gone according to ls, but df doesn't show the added free
space, and copying a file to that partitions errors out due to not enough
free space (although there should have been plenty, after the delete). A
few hours later, everything always is magically solved...

Thanks for the help! (and sorry this is such a long message due to all the
outputs, I didn't know which parts were non-essential to the
problem-solving.

Frederik

--

Virtue would go far if vanity did not keep it company.
		-- La Rochefoucauld