Re: isdn: what I've to do??

> Hi all,
>
>    I've installed debian package isdnutils (or such), but i've no idea
> of what i've to do in order to have a running ipppd.
>
> What do i have to configure? How it run? what I've to launch? what
> evil is that HOWTO?
>
> I'm reading the faq on web and I haven't still understand nothing.
>
> I've only to use my isdn card for calling my isp.
>
> The card work (module is loaded with no problem).
>
> I've generated device.ippp0 and ipppd.ippp0 with isdnconfig, and
> modified those files.
>
> launching ipppd say:
> Sorry - this system lacks PPP kernel support.
> Check whether you configured at least the ippp0 device!
>
> Yes! I do it.

What does lsmod have to say?
[00:01:27 /tmp]$ /sbin/lsmod
Module                  Size  Used by
floppy                 44800   0 (autoclean)
nls_cp437               3904   0 (autoclean)
isofs                  17488   0 (autoclean)
hisax                 129840   2 (autoclean)
isdn                  108496   3 (autoclean) [hisax]
slhc                    4320   1 (autoclean) [isdn]
ne                      6320   1 (autoclean)
8390                    6080   0 (autoclean) [ne]
serial                 18080   3 (autoclean)
[00:01:29 /tmp]$