Re: new system to buy

    Spend the extra $20 and get an ABIT KT7-RAID motherboard and a
Thunderbird CPU.  Also, look into a better video card.  ATI doesn't support
the Linux cause at all.  You can pick up a TNT2 for $50 and with XFree 4.0.1
you can use NVidia's open source drivers.  Plus, the TNT2s are ten times
better than any ATI card (with the exception, in Windoze only, of their new
Radeon.)
    As for sound, get a cheap-o Sound Blaster card.  (The KT7-RAID doesn't
come with on board sound.)  Or if you want to spend $50, (and deal with
Creative Labs *************** (last part censored for obvious reasons) Linux
support) get a Sound Blaster Live.

    Brandt Dusthimer