Re: DIVX

> First of all, i assume you're using either 0.49 or the cvs checkout..
> I've totally rewritten the autoconf script for avifile, but i'm not going to
> submit it to the author until i've checking it w/ every configuration.  And
> i'm not going to do that until i get my avisplitter working ;)
I've got 0.50, is that OK?

> [dilinger@pea avifile-0.49]$ dpkg -l |grep libjpeg
> ii  libjpeg62      6b-1.2         The Independent JPEG Group's JPEG runtime li
> ii  libjpeg62-dev  6b-1.2         Development files for the IJG JPEG library [
Yup, that's what I got.

> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6: undefined reference to `getpwnam_r@@GLIBC_2.0'
> > /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6: undefined reference to `getpwuid_r@@GLIBC_2.0'
> > collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> >
> > I've  got  sdl-config  and  the  /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.so.6  from  the
> > "unstable" xlib6g.
>
> remove it.  the sdl lib, that is.  i had major problems getting libaviplay.so
> to work w/ unstable, once it went through the libstdc++ upgrades.  i have since
> given up and downgraded to "testing".  from here, it builds fine.

OK, let me get this straight. I need to downgrade
libstdc++2.10-glibc2.2. Maybe I will  have to downgrade glibc as well?
(I don't remember why I upgraded glibc in the first place, I think one
of the  DIVX players wanted it: if  it isn't this one,  I can probably
downgrade.) Also I need to remove libsdl1.1-dev. (Won't avifile then
complain that it needs libsdl??)
I'm generally confused now because  some of my packages are Stable and
some are Unstable, is this  bad? My machine is more roll-your-own than
debian  at this  point, so  I'm not  really keen  on doing  stuff like
"apt-get --install-all-the-latest-packages or whatever".

-chris