Star Office...

Hi, Josh -

>#1 does anyone other than me have a problem where star office
> 5.2 takes about a year and a half to load. It takes almost
> two minuets to laod on my thunderbird 700 with 96 megs of
> ram.
Yes, indeed. And the worse part is, it's better than previous releases
of it. The word for SO is bloatware. 8)

> Is this normal?
Yup.
> if its not is there anything i can do
> to speed this up? I dont really even know what to look for
> that would be taking it so long to load.
Do a custom install with only those portions of SO that you really
want/need. Get rid of the presentation gizmos, graphics, etc. if you
can. They waste huge amounts of RAM.

Hope this helps...

Alpha

--