Re: IMP error: 'document contained no data' (fwd)

All right, I read the FAQ at horde.org/imp, and did find this:

---------------------------------------
5.1 Common error messages

5.1.1 "Document contains no data"

        The Netscape error message, "Document contains no data", only
tells you that nothing was sent from the web server to the
        browser. In other words, something went quite wrong, yet you've no
idea what.

        In order to get an idea of what really happened, take a look in
the web server's error log, in which more verbose errors should
        be found. There is a good chance that the error is caused by
omitting IMAP support from PHP; you can check whether that is
        the case by examining your server configuration with a PHP script
such as the following:

           <?php phpinfo(); ?>

        Don't confuse PHP's IMAP support with Apache's mod_imap, which
refers to image maps.
-----------------------------------

/var/log/apache-ssl/error.log only says:

[Wed Oct 18 09:52:03 2000] [notice] child pid 26408 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

I'm sure this is referring to IMP as I did a tail -f on the error.log in
an xterm while I attempted to send a message in IMP.  This is the only
message that appeared.

I have the packages php3-imap and php3-cgi-imap installed, and it worked
fine before, so while this gives me some sort of clue, I need a little
more assistance.

How do I run the script the FAQ is referring to?  Can anyone point me to a
possible configuration file to check regarding IMAP support for PHP?

Thanks in advance :)
-Matt

> OK, you have me worried now.  I did a few searches and
> the only refernce to a bug was  -
>
> 4319604
>
>                     Disabling the Netlet provider in
> the Administration console for a user causes error
> message:
>                     "Document contained no data".
>
>           Workaround:
>
>                     Remove the provider from the
> channel list in the Administration console.
>
> - but this is for the iplanet portal server.
>
> Alternatly, all other references to this error concern
> attempts to obtain data from an external source.
>
> It is possible that netscape is caught in a error loop
> after attempting to obtain a dataless doc or file.
>
> I have no further ideas and I'm not inclined to
> attempt to recreate the error.  Hmmm.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Ian.

Thanks for the attempt, Ian.  This one's really got me scratching my head.
If I don't have an answer soon, I'll have to de-install everything, remove
all related files, and start over.  I thought you weren't supposed to have
to do this with Linux.............

Cheers,
Matt