HL-1240 in 2.2

Hello everybody...
Having my box put to potato some week ago, now I'm struggling to get a new piece of hardware to completely work with it: It took me quite some time to get the Brother HL-1240 laser printer to work with the system until I checked the linux printing page, now only problem that is left is that I'm not getting this machine to print at 600 dpi, everything I'm trying about this just makes the printer putting out a lot of empty papers until I power it down... Has anybody experiences with this machine on Debian linux? Can anyone help me how to *correctly* configure this printer?

TIA,
Kristian

celestial_spirit@web.de
IhrName@web.de, 8MB Speicher, Verschluesselung - http://freemail.web.de