Re: What if Debian crashes?

Andreas Palsson wrote:
> Until now I have never experienced a crash, freeze, system-/disk-fault in
> 3 years. I might be lucky, but I never experiment with unstable or
> 'frozen' distributions or applications.
>
> What tools are there to check the system/disks/ram/installed packages?
The disks will be checked on reboot (well, all the SCSI & some IDE) -
keep an eye on the console as it boots and see what is being "fsck"ed
and want isn't

use umount /dev/blah; fsck /dev/blah; mount /dev/blah to check it.

** Root partition can be a bit dodgy for a File System ChecK - it can go
pearshaped if too much is screwed **

--
Ian Stuart - University computing services.