Re: ppp redial

  that's true, I was just providing more info, I use x-isp because I can
have a list of numbers, if one fails it calls another - AFAIK the ppp
scripts provided with debian do not have this functionality - do they?
(I haven't found anything that looked like it might provide the same
functionality, but I haven't searched very hard)

  while we're at topic of ppp, I'd appreciate advices how to accomplish
following the least obtrusive way:

  1) start pppd (persist, use list of phone numbers)
  2) show the /var/log/ppp.log (or equal info) until connected, then
info disappears
  3) users in given group can stop pppd, even if it was started by
another user (would sudo help here?)
  4) show very very small indicator of status - perhaps even use
keyboard led (scroll lock, I never use that one)

  [most of these could be accomplished by existing programs and fairly
simple shell/perl/whatever scripts but I hope somebody already have the
whole thing figured out]

  of course, it has to be (mainly point 4) WM/desktop independent...
(i.e. not part of some enlightenment panel or something)

  thanks in advance,

	erik