Re: problems with udma66

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 06:02:30PM +0200, Francesc Oller wrote:

I guess if Vojtech Pavlik says "no way" then we can stop talking about
this ;)

> > You got this drive at the same Controller? Of course it slows down and
> > causes problems.
>
> I've 4 devices: the ATA66 HD, the old EIDE one, an 48x ATAPI cdrom
> and an ATAPI ZIP 100 drive, what would be your recommended settings,
> then?

That's one IDE-Device too much :)
But the ATA66 really should be given a seperate controller or share
one with an other ATA66.

> Do you mean the kernel misbehaves because of the slave disk? I thought
> DMA modes could be set individually per HD

I have got two IBM-HDs, one ATA66 and one ATA33. WHile using them on
the same controller it wa snot possible to use UDMA66 with the newer
one. I had to set it to UDMA33 by using an IBM-tool.
Now the ATA66 has the first controller, the ATA33 and the CD share the
other one.

Phil