apt-get: "The following packages have been kept back" - What does it mean?

Hi,

I'm running potato. Recently I've upgraded helix-gnome and since then
every time i run apt-get upgrade (or dist-upgrade) it tells me:

"host:/home/mario# apt-get upgrade
Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages have been kept back
  task-helix-gnome
0 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 1 not upgraded."

What does "kept back" mean /exactly/? Can I "dpkg --purge
task-helix-gnome" safely? My understanding is that it isn't needed after
it has done it's duty of selecting all gnome packages that depend on it.
Am I right?

Thanks for helping, M.

--

I did not vote for the Austrian government

Linux: The choice of a GNU generation. Visit http://www.gnu.org/