Re: netscape in b&w

switch to either Galeon instead.  just my 2cents.

What is galeon?  A browser?

I am looking for a www browser, graphical, no java, but
should support mpeg plugins.  Something light, for a kiosk.

Thanks

yes it's a lightweight browser but i'm not sure if it has mpeg support.
there is also mozilla aka. netscape 6 if i'm not mistaken.

Actually, the galeon browser utilizes the Mozilla HTML rendering engine (gecko) to display sites, so if you want to get galeon running, you'll not get very far without having a current release of Mozilla installed (galeon in version 0.7.7 needs the latest M18 release to be picked up at www.mozilla.org) :) Thus, galeon *really* is a light browser system, but I *think* it should work well with the plug-ins installed in Mozilla (which works fine here with Netscape 4.x- plugs, like flashplayer, for example). So all you probably need to do is to find yourself a good mpeg-plugin. :))

Tchau,

Kris

--
Kristian A. Rink