Re: username?

?

> How come my name is set up in mc as root@Archimedes.brisen.rings.se.

Are you looking for /etc/hosts and /etc/hostname?

> Where is this information stored so that I may change it to my email
> address?

This setting doesn't have much to do with you mail-address. Of course
local users have a mail-adress in the form user@your.host and this is
necessary - maybe some cronjob wants to tell root that somebody went
wrong. This is accomplished by those mail-adresses.
Your _real_ mail-adress should be set in the config-file of your
mailer. Maybe you need to rewrite it, then have a look at
/etc/email-adresses.
HTH,
Phil