Re: installing Mach 64 Xserver

You can also find the xserver-mach64 package at www.debian.org
under "Distribution-->Debian packages"...
Just do a search for the pacakge name in "stable".
You can download the package using Windows and then transfer
it to your Linux partition via any means possible. Then just do
 dpkg --install ./<package name> where package name is
the full name of the xserver-mach64 package.

PS You can mount and read Windows partitions. NTFS
partitions are read-only (at least unless you like
to live dangerously).

I'm  mentioning all this in the event that you don't have
PPP up and running, and you're not on a network. If that's
the case, apt-get won't (of course ;-) work. But if
you are online, use Harald's suggestion...

Doug Eck