Re: Syncronize pc-clock w/timeserver

On Tue, Oct 17, 2000 at 01:03:22AM +0200, Robert Waldner wrote:
> On Mon, 16 Oct 2000 15:52:57 PDT, "Stephen A. Witt" writes:
> >On Mon, 16 Oct 2000, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
> >> Also if you have some other advice for me based on some
> >> package(s) (instead of netdate) that are in Debian 2.2 that
> >> would appreciated.
> >
> >There is another one that I can't think of right now, that advertises to
> >keep the clock up to date without the complexity and perhaps resource
> >requirements of ntp.
>
> I think you´re referring to xntpd, which afair not only sync´s your
>  clock but also constantly measures the drift and adjustes
>  accordingly...

There's also chrony:

 It consists of a pair of programs :
 `chronyd'.  This is a daemon which runs in background on the
 system.  It obtains measurements (e.g. via the network) of the
 system's offset relative to other systems, and adjusts the system
 time accordingly.  For isolated systems, the user can periodically
 enter the correct time by hand (using `chronyc').  In either case,
 `chronyd' determines the rate at which the computer gains or loses
 time, and compensates for this.
 `chronyc'.  This is a command-line driven control and monitoring
 program.  An administrator can use this to fine-tune various
 parameters within the daemon, add or delete servers etc whilst the
 daemon is running.

I've been using it for over a year on a dial-up.  Barely had to do
anything (set a password, choose a server).  It just works. Nice.

--
/bin/sh ~/.signature:
Command not found