Re: staroffice

Agner-Nichols wrote:

> I downloaded the Staroffice binaries (10 files with an extension of .bin)
> >from the Sun site and realized I have no idea how to install them (to a
> Pentium 166 with a 2.2.12 kernel (it was a Corel install)); the
> documentation from Sun gives no guidance; do they need to be renamed as
> tar.gz's and then unzipped?  Does anyone have any experience with these .bin
> files?

I had the same problem today except that I downloaded the whole thing in
one file. Then fiddled around with it renaming it to all archive names I
could think of. No way. At the end I looked again around on the Sun site
and fond the answer: You have to do a 'chmod 777 ...file.bin' and then
execute the file. It's some kind of a selfextracting archive. I hope, it
helps with your 10 files too.

Regards
Manfred Sindhoff