Re: staroffice

On Tue, Oct 10, 2000 at 06:23:44AM -0400, Randy Edwards (redwards@golgotha.net) wrote:
> > I downloaded the Staroffice binaries (10 files with an extension of .bin)
> > from the Sun site and realized I have no idea how to install them
>
>    *.bin files are binary files, i.e. programs.

This isn't a generally reliabile assumption.  It's better to explicitly
test a file's true Buddha nature with the "file" utility.  StarOffice's
installation is badly fscked in a number of ways.  I'm not saying the
current issue is one of them (someone IMO needs to RTFM), but the
program stands for considerable improvement.