apt-get error

Since yesterday I keep getting the following error when running apt-get
upgrade:

Fetched 9272kB in 1m19s (117kB/s)
11% [Scanning packages]Template does not contain a Template: line at
/usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 109, <TEMPLATES> chunk 42.
E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error code (29)
E: Failure running script /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt

What is happening? I have not touched the file Template.pm.

Pascal
--
paashaas@rice.edu