KDE time and date display

I feel a little silly asking this question, but...

I've a few machines running Debian at work. Some were installed from the
start recently with potato and some have been around a while and were
slink machines that have since been updated to potato. I notice that in
the older machines, on the Panel in the right corner is a time and date
display. On the new machines installed from scratch with potato, there is
only a time display. There doesn't seem to be any way that I've found in
the KDE configuration to enable the date display. I've looked in the KDE
docs, the KDE configuration and even done a recursive directory comparison
with emacs on the two .kde directories, but I've found nothing to indicate
how the date display is enabled again.

Does anyone know how to get the date display back, or what is going on
here?

Thanks...