x font server

i just installed debian yesterday. today i downloaded and compiled the x
server and tried to get x running. in oreder to do so i rebooted my system
to make it recognize the mouse. when it tried to reboot it stopped with
the error message that the x font server did not recognize the argument
passed in. now it won't boot and since the master boot record won't allow
me to boot directly into single user mode (at least not in any way that i
am aware of). also i was not able to make a boot disk during installation
due to some other problems. is there anything that i can do in order to
get my system to boot correctly and to get x to work? thank you.

---
Joseph Holland King  | "God whispers to us in our pleasures, speaks in our