Re: XFsetup

On Sun, Oct 15, 2000 at 11:31:02AM -0400, Eileen Orbell wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am still trying to config xwindows.  I have a ATI 16mg video card which I
> labeled as generic, as PS2 mouse.  I downloaded the XF86_SVGA.  When I run
> startx I still get no mouse and error returned
> FATAL SERVER ERROR
> Cannot open mouse (No such file - directory)
> What am I doing wrong?  This is really getting me down now (smile)

    Do you have a /dev/psaux device file? That's what it will look for if you
tell it to use a PS2 mouse. Are you sure it's PS2?

    The ATI is supported to my knowledge, so I'm not sure generic is the best
choice. As long as you're sure it's supported by the SVGA server. Plus, are
you using the SVGA server? You should have an /etc/X11/Xserver file that looks
something like this:

[msoulier@lupus msoulier]$ cat /etc/X11/Xserver
/usr/bin/X11/XF86_SVGA
Console

    Mike

--
Michael P. Soulier <msoulier@storm.ca>
of nerd-like effort."  -Harley Hahn, A Student's Guide to UNIX